What is it?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
Arvigo® Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviates tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. They address and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to self repair and balance.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo® Therapy may help address:
For Everyone: (infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular tension
- Urinary system (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose veins
- Fertility enhancement
- Post Surgical (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction
What to Expect During a Session:
- Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
- Upper and lower abdominal massage to help align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position, improve circulation to organs, and promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
- evaluation of pelvic alignment and application of bodywork to improve pelvic alignment when indicated
- instruction in self care massage to enhance your professional session
- recommendations of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
- Vaginal Steams – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- Castor oil packs
- Nutritional and herbal support
- Lifestyle education
Arvigo® Therapy for Fertility Enhancement
Arvigo® therapy for fertility enhancement optimizes pelvic health by increasing the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and energy throughout the pelvis while nourishing and supporting the womb. These techniques can be used as a stand alone treatment or in combination with Assisted Reproductive Technologies such as IVF (in vitro fertilization) and IUI (intra uterine insemination). The first visit is scheduled after menses and before ovulation.
The initial 90 minute visit includes an in-depth reproductive health consultation, castor oil pack, full treatment and self care lesson.
Arvigo Fertility Enhancement Package: 3 visits
Includes initial visit, second full treatment + castor oil pack or vaginal steam bath and a third follow up treatment: $325.
I will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
* I can include doTerra essential oils and flower essences if desired.
Origins of ARVIGO® THERAPY
Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, is a naprapathic physician and master herbalist who has lived and studied with traditional healers in Central America for more than 30 years. She apprenticed with the renowned Maya Shaman Don Eljio Panti for 10 years until his passing in 1996 at the age of 103.
Dr. Arvigo learned traditional pregnancy care from Miss Hortence Robinson, a well-known herbal midwife in Belize.
She combined her knowledge of anatomy, physiology and naprapathy (study of muscles, ligaments, connective tissues) with her extensive acquired background in traditional healing methods, and formulated the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. Dr. Arvigo established the Arvigo Institute in 2000 and trains healthcare professionals worldwide.